VR’s exemplary record of providing buy-side advisory services has created a client list that spans from local investors, to private equity groups, to multinational corporations, all who have utilized our assistance in penetrating specific markets.
Acting on behalf of our clients, we manage and facilitate transactions locally, regionally, nationally, and in the ever expanding cross boarder international markets.
Over the past few years, the processes for mergers and acquisitions have become more complex and require a disciplined approach as credit markets have tightened, spreads between buyers and sellers expectations have widened on transactions, and proposed deals have come under greater scrutiny from management.
VR is constantly improving buy-side processes with a focus on target screening and evaluation with the intention of aligning the target’s value drivers with the strategy of the acquirer. Done correctly, target screening can significantly improve the odds of a successful transaction. A well-defined process can also greatly increase the efficiency of a company’s M & A strategy.
When offering buy-side advisory services, VR works to develop and implement an acquisition program that includes:
- Developing acquisition objectives
- Analyzing the projected economic and financial gains to be achieved from the acquisition
- Advising and working with the company’s acquisition team
- Helping prepare due diligence analysis of prime candidates
- Negotiating with and valuing of the selected target
- Developing the structure for the transaction
- Identifying sources of financing for the transaction
- Preparing for closing, and performing post-closing tasks and responsibilities
- Aid in the implementation of the integration plan
With improving corporate confidence, increasing political certainty, and strengthened balance sheets, conditions for increased merger and acquisition activity is upon us. The past few years have seen the stockpiling of cash to guard against economic challenges, and as a result investors today are positioned for undertaking strategic acquisitions. VR offers transactional advisory services to those looking to benefit today and far into the future.